Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mickey Mouse Nutella Cookies

I love Costco. It has everything I need at good prices and more. My only gripe is that if I'm shopping for myself (one person), the bulk sizes at Costco can get kind of overwhelming. I usually only buy something there if I know that I can eat it everyday for the next month and not get sick of it. But this last time I went to Costco, I could not help myself from picking up the pack of two nutella jars and placing it in my cart. Maybe it was my logical reasoning that the jumbo package of two costs the same as one small stingy jar at other stores or perhaps it was my sweet tooth controlling my body, but whatever the cause, I ended up leaving the warehouse with two bucketfuls of chocolatey paste.

I usually like to eat my nutella spread onto a slice of bread with some sliced strawberries or bananas on top. But when it finally dawned on me that it would take me forever to finish the nutella by eating it this way, I offered to give one jar to my cousins when they came over. One of my cousins had the brilliant idea to make these easy nutella cookies from Tasty Kitchen with only four ingredients! And since I love all things Disney so much, we just had to make them in mickey shapes! 

Note that this dough may not be the best for making intricate shapes because they melt a bit in the oven. Thankfully, the mickey faces came out still looking like mickey faces!
Ingredients
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 egg

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. 
2. Mix the egg and sugar. Add in the flour slowly to the mixture. Lastly, add the nutella and mix well. 
3. On a clean surface, roll out the dough until it's fairly flat. Press the cookie cutter into the flattened dough. Repeat as needed.

4. Place the cutouts onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 6-7 minutes.

5. Let the cookies cool and enjoy with a nice tall glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment