Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beaded Wrap Bracelet

I couldn't believe how much these types of wrap bracelets at the store cost! What I didn't realize was how simple they were to make! I bought some beads at the store, but I also found some old beaded bracelets lying around at home and thought I could give them a much needed makeover.
I've been pretty much been collecting all the buttons that came with the clothes that I bought at the mall for about 6 years now. So my little button collection gave me a bunch of cute bracelet clasps that I could choose from!



Materials
Leather cord (2 mm diameter)
Black weaving thread (0.15 mm diameter)
Beads
Collapsable eye needle (5 inches long)
Button
Scissors
Clipboard
Tape

Instructions
1. Cut the leather cord to 2 ft in length. Fold the cord in half and tie a knot so that the loop is large enough to fit the button. Clip the loop end and tape the two ends down with some space in between.

2. Cut the black weaving thread to 6 ft in length. Thread the string through the needle to the middle and fold in half. Tie the free end to one of the leather cords near the loop and double knot it. Weave the string over and under the two leather cords twice in a "figure 8" fashion.

3. With the thread in the middle of the two cords and coming underneath from the left cord, string your first bead through. Wrap the thread over and under the right cord. Use the needle to bring the thread back through the bead and over the left cord. Tighten the string and then wrap it under the left cord and back into the middle of the two cords. Continue with the rest of the beads.



4. Tie the string on one of the cords. Tie a knot with the two leather cords. Place the button on one of the cords and tie another knot. Cut off the excess strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment