Monday, September 10, 2012

Wrapping Paper Shoeboxes

The last two weeks I've been busy cleaning out and organizing my room. Two years ago, my mom told me to pack all of my stuff away because she wanted to change the carpet in my room to hardwood floor. So before I left for school, I did what she asked. Months later, she decided to just rent a carpet cleaner to wash the carpets (which didn't require me to pack everything)! I hadn't found the time to unpack all my things until now. And I also had all the boxes that I was moving back from my apartment room. So I guess at one point, my entire life was in boxes, as my friend had pointed out so accurately.

I found these big shoeboxes that were probably from my boots and wanted to repurpose them to store those random knicknacks. To conceal what they were in their previous life, I decided to wrap them using wrapping paper. 

This project is pretty simple and the instructions might be a little obvious, but I've just included them here for completeness. 

Materials
Shoeboxes
Wrapping paper
Scissors
Clear scotch tape

Directions
1. Measure and cut out the amount of wrapping paper needed for the box. Tape two sides of the wrapping paper onto the inside of the box. 
2. Cut a diagonal slit in the corner of the wrapping paper. Fold the corner in and tape the ends inside.


3. Fold the outside ends in and fold into a triangle shape. Tape to secure.


4. Repeat the same for the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment