Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I love a good spinach artichoke dip, especially ones with chunks of artichokes. It's probably the world's best study snack and simultaneously also the worst. The warm cheesy goodness can somehow soothe my overactive nerves. But after one bite, I get so distracted by the yumminess that I totally stop what I'm doing and end up just sitting in my chair munching away like nobody's business.
This recipe makes a lot of dip! So if I'm making it for myself or only a couple of people, I usually bake half of it and freeze the other half in a zip lock bag. And when the dip cravings kick back in, I just pop the frozen half in the microwave for a couple of minutes (in a microwave safe bowl, of course) to slightly defrost and then bake away!


Ingredients
2 cups Italian shredded cheese
10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced garlic

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together Italian cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts. Incorporate the remaining ingredients until evenly distributed.
3. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top becomes slightly browned.
4. Serve with chips, crackers or toasted bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment