Saturday, January 28, 2012

Better-Than-Crack Brownies


I decided to make these because my friend asked me for something with peanut butter. And so, I went all out. These are probably the most ultimate brownies ever made by anyone, ever. They are, at the same time, chewy, gooey, crunchy, sweet 'n salty, and when it all comes down to it, they are pretty much better than crack. The bottom layer is the brownie, which by itself is already awesome, so piling on more goodies on top makes it that much better. The second layer consists of salted peanuts, Reese's, and personally my favorite, marshmallows. The third layer tops it off, contributing crunchiness with chocolate, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies. After one bite, if I do dare say, I was addicted.


This recipe calls for one brownie recipe. I've never really bothered finding a good brownie recipe ever since I stumbled upon Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix. I am completely loyal to this brownie mix and if they ever stop selling them, it would be a sad day indeed. I buy them by the bulk at Costco and I always have them on hand for emergency chocolate cravings.

Ingredients
1 recipe for brownies or box mix
1/2 cup salted peanuts
8 Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions
1. Butter a 9x13 baking pan, or line with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 325 °F, or as directed by the brownie box mix or recipe.
2. Mix brownies according to directions and bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and top with peanuts, chopped peanut butter cups, and marshmallows. Be generous and add more if you wish. Return the pan to oven for 5 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave. Stir in the Rice Krispies. Pour mixture evenly on top of the baked brownies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. 


These are most definitely going on the top of my munchies list!

No comments:

Post a Comment